Thursday, November 11, 2010

Guard Yourselves

Mal. 2:16
"So guard yourselves in your spirit, and do not be faithless."

Malachi 's warning is in the context of adultery saying that a man needs to be faithful to the wife of his youth. If he is not faithful and divorces her, the Lord says that he covers his garment with violence. What God has put together with a portion of His Spirit, man should rip apart or trample on. So what should man do? Guard his spirit, and be faithful. Since his spirit responds to the Spirit of God, he needs to guard it carefully by being faithful.

This warning could go for many areas, any area that violates the clear commands of Scripture. Since the Spirit indwells me, and my body is His temple, I need to guard my spirit by being faithful to the Spirit who lives within me. As the bride of Christ, I need to be chaste, pure, and faithful to Jesus Christ guarding my spirit which will one day be united with Him at the marriage feast of the Lamb.

Father,
By Your grace, help me guard my spirit and be faithful to the One who died for me. 
In His name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment