Saturday, November 27, 2010

On My Side

Ps. 118:6-7
"The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as a helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me." 

No fear! I have no reason to fear man because the Lord is on my side, helping me, protecting me, comforting me, and loving me. In addition to that, God is sovereign, creating all and ordaining all, even the affairs of men. Since God has set in motion the affairs of men, the good and the bad, there is no reason for me to fear men, and since I am a child of God, I know that all things work together for my good, even the affairs of men. Nothing man does catches God off guard! So my life is securely in His hands and in His plan.

As God's child, I know His voice and follow Him, and am assured that nothing or no one can snatch me out of His hand. These facts alone should cancel my fear. So if all of this is true, why do I still fear? I think it could be unbelief, lack of trust, lack of personal time in the Word and prayer, lack of knowing the Holy Spirit, and lack of knowing God intimately. All that is lacking is under the domain of my responsibility. I am the one that neglects the essentials that keep me unafraid. My life is lived through His power, but at the same time, I must desire God and be faithful to grow through His Word and through prayer.

Father,
Thank You for cancelling my fear and giving me a different perspective of life. Give me the strength to be true to Your Word and to talk to You each day. Help me to rest and not fear.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment