Monday, December 20, 2010

Beautiful Feet

Is. 52:7
"How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news; who publishes peace, who brings good news of happiness, who publishes salvation, who says to Zion, 'Your God reigns.'"

True beauty for my feet comes from sharing the gospel not from pedicures, waxing, or polishing. Eph. 6 says "and as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace."  My feet need to be swift to share peace, happiness, and salvation. Wherever I go and whatever I do, my primary focus is the gospel and not my plans, pleasures, or priorities. After having foot surgery twice and being off my feet for months at a time, I understand the importance of feet. They should not be taken for granted, or on the other hand, used for my purposes alone. As I sit here waiting for the day that I can walk again, what are the things that I want to do first? Am I planning ways to share the gospel, or am I thinking of all the things that I need to accomplish? Am I thinking of making my feet beautiful for God or active in my own agenda? I am impressed with the fact that even my feet need to be gospel-givers. At every moment, even in the mundane chores of life, I need to be singing and sharing His reigning power in peace and happiness.

Father,
Keep me ever aware of the beauty of my feet, of where my feet are taking me, and of what my feet are doing. Keep your gospel and Your peace always in the conversations that I share with others.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment