Sunday, December 26, 2010

Resolve

Ps. 146:1-2
"Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord, O my soul! I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being."

Such resolve on the part of the psalmist! He had predetermined his response to be one of praise for whatever life threw at him. His life, thoughts, and actions would bring praise to the Lord as long as he lived.

Even though all that I do is through grace, grace demands that I have resolve. I must determine to do all through grace, even praise God throughout all my days. I must determine to cry out for His strength and His grace. Without grace I am powerless, but without resolve I am powerless too. My resolve must not be to accomplish things for God, but to desire to do all through His grace and strength. My resolve is for His grace.

Father,
Keep me always focused on Your grace. Help me to stay true to my resolve to always praise You through the grace that You pour over me. Show me how my resolve works with Your grace so that I can praise You in all that I do.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment