Friday, December 24, 2010

Blessed

Ps. 144:15
"Blessed are the people to whom such blessings fall! Blessed are the people whose God is the Lord."

As I sit here on Christmas Eve, I can truly say my life is blessed in so many ways, but the crucial way is that God is my Lord. I am His and He is mine. In Ps. 44, David recounts many different ways that God has blessed his life. They include:
  • He trains his hands for way and fingers for battle.
  • He is his steadfast love and fortress, his stronghold and deliverer, his shield and refuge.
  • He subdues enemies under him.
Then David expresses his heart and desires to the Lord. He begins by singing a new song to the Lord, a song of praise. After which he petitions God for:
  • his children to grow and flourish.
  • his crops to be abundant.
  • his animals to fertile.
  • his streets to be free of fear and distress.
His conclusion is that he is abundantly blessed because God is his Lord. I am thinking that my petitions are no different from David's. I want my children and their children to grow and flourish, not just physically but spiritually. I am concerned about our physical provision, about jobs and salary. Maybe I don't have crops or animals, but jobs accomplish the same things. Finally, I definitely pray for my 'streets,' the places that I inhabit, to be free of fear and distress. David's heart and mine though separated by years and by circumstances come down to many of the same issues. We have definitely arrived at the same conclusion, that is how blessed we are! God abundantly cares for me, and I can rest in Him because He has the plan and the purpose for my life. I am part of His people and He is my God.

Father,
My heart is full this morning because I realize the great blessings that I have in You. Not only do you care for me meeting all my needs, but You have chosen me to be Your child. You are my God. How blessed I am!
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment