Monday, December 27, 2010

God's Pleasure

Ps. 147:11
"But the Lord takes pleasure in those who fear Him, in those who hope in His steadfast love."

God doesn't take pleasure in my performance, my works, or my potential to do great things for Him. In fact, what can I possibly do for Him? Nothing at all since all that I do must be by His grace. He takes pleasure in the power that is behind what I do, that is His grace and strength. If I offer Him what I do in my own strength, it is glorifying me. In essence I am saying that my works are worthy of His praise. Never!! What the Lord takes pleasure in is my helplessness strengthened in his grace, my unworthiness perfected in His worthiness, and my pride replaced with my fear of Him. My life must lose its self focus and become God focused.

In theory, it might sound doable, but in practicality, it is NOT! My self is so strong and unrelenting that it makes my walk with God a constant battle, one that I must cry out to Him for the proper grace-powered ammunition. But as I hope in His steadfast love and mercy, I can walk in the Spirit. When I fall, which is often, He is there to lift, carry, and heal my wounds. He is my refuge, my tower, and my surety. I don't have to fear a lonely, defeated death because He takes pleasure in me because I fear Him, because I have my all in Him, and because He chose me to be His child.

Father,
Keep my eyes ever upward searching for and relying on Your grace and strength. Thank You for the steadfast hope and love that You constantly pour over me.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment