Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pure Gold

Job 23:10
"But He knows the way that I take; when He has tried me, I shall come out as gold."

Job had gone through so much, yet he had faith in God and in His purposes and plan for his life. It was his faith that allowed him to see the light at the end of the tunnel. It was his faith that allowed him to see something good coming out of so many bad things. He wasn't hoping for God to relent or to change His mind because He knew that God was unchangeable. Instead, he was relying on all things, even bad things, to work together for good for him because he loved God and was called according to His purpose. Job's life shows in graphic detail that suffering does have positive results. Out of the fire of affliction, the Refiner burns away the dross leaving pure gold. Eventually, Job would become gold.

The problem is that many times in severe affliction, it's easy to take my eyes off God or to want an escape from what is happening. The more thought I place on my injured flesh, the more thought I take away from God, His character and His purposes. Like Job, I must focus on the end result, on the gold that I will become. I must  rest in God's and His promise to work good in my life.

Father,
Thank You for this example. Keep my eyes fastened on You and my heart true to Your sovereign plan as You burn away the dross in my life.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment