Friday, December 17, 2010

Old Age

Is. 46:4
"Even to your old age I am He, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear, I will carry and will save."

What a promise to take into old age! Our culture says that if someone is old, that person is non-productive and  often even discarded, but in the spiritual realm, it is not true. God has promised that He will always be Who He has always been, unchanging, powerful, and loving. He will always meet my needs, and more than that, as I am growing older, He will carry me. When my strength fails, He is always there for "His grace is sufficient for my weakness." I am the product of His creative force and age does not change that. As I was when I was young, so will I be when I am old. In God's eyes and in His plan, I am always His, His sheep who He knows by name and holds securely. 

Father,
Thank You for this great promise. Help me to rest in You and not worry about the issues of old age, of poor health, of lack of finances, of weakness, and even of uselessness. Help me to serve You until You call me home.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment