Wednesday, December 22, 2010

For the Dark Times

Ps. 142:1-2
"With my voice I cry out to the Lord; with my voice I plead for mercy to the Lord. I pour out my complaint before Him; I tell my trouble before Him."

What do I do when I am down and things are crashing around me? Do I cry out to God? Do I plead for mercy to the One who has established all my days? Or, do I mope, feel sorry for myself,  talk to a friend, or even eat some ice cream or candy? What an amazing God I have who willingly listens to me when I complain and whose heart is big enough to hear whatever I have to say!  The psalmist goes on to say that when his spirit faints, God knows. More than that, God knows what is taking him down, every trap and pitfall. God is his refuge and portion because He established the course of every day that David lived. The same goes for me. Who is better to pour out my heart to than the One who ordered my every moment?

Father,
Give me the strength and wisdom to cry out to You immediately instead of wallowing in my own self-pity. Help me understand my days as You do.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment