Thursday, December 23, 2010

His Purpose

Is. 55:11
"so shall My word be that goes out from My mouth; it shall not return to Me empty, but it shall accomplish that which I purpose, and shall succeed in the things for which I sent it."

God's word is all powerful! It not only declares God's will and purposes,  but it consistently and always does what He declares it will do. It will never return empty; instead it is always successful. What an assurance for me to trust in the promises of God! What a warning to believe all that it says! When I think of great words that have been written, I think of Shakespeare, Greek Philosophers, or even the Constitution of America. They are all great writings, but they cannot make these claims. They do not always accomplish the purposes that they were written for, nor are they relevant throughout all time. Only the Word of God is so powerful that it never changes, that it always accomplishes God's purposes, and that it can produce supernatural change in its readers. The Word of God can change a life permanently. Its claim supersedes all time.

Father,
Give me the strength to believe all that I read. Send Your Spirit to drive home its tenets to my heart. Change me and mold me through its great power.
In Jesus name,
Amen  

No comments:

Post a Comment