Sunday, December 19, 2010

Search Me

Ps. 139:23-24
"Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

Who better to search me than God? He who knows my heart and my thoughts, who formed my inward parts, and who sets my boundaries. Since He is Truth, He can pinpoint the grievous way in me. Sin is evil, but it is also grievous. Normally, I think of grief with death and separation, and that is exactly what sin does. It's wages bring death killing my joy and separating my spirit from God, but His Holy Spirit searches my heart and thoughts so that He might expose these  pockets of 'grief' allowing me to stay close to the One who is my life and my leader.

Father,
Search me and expose the grief, hidden and overt. Free me to follow You wholeheartedly.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment