Saturday, December 11, 2010

Waiting

Is.  40:30-31
"Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint."

Physical strength always fails even for the young who are toned and fit. No amount of human effort can prevent injury or eventual fatigue, but in the spiritual realm it is vastly different. Here, the weakest person can be strong in the Lord because God's strength is perfected in human weakness. What a great promise! I can rely on His strength as long as I wait and don't run ahead in my own strength. This is amazing grace! Why is it so hard to wait? Satan is prowling around seeking to devour me and what better way than to tempt me with self-sufficiency. Even after repeated failures, my flesh will try over and over. What a hard lesson to learn! I need God's strength just to wait for God's strength.

Father,
Teach me to wait on You so that my strength and Your strength will be one in the same.
In Jesus name,
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment