Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Worthy

Rev. 4:11
"Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things, and by Your will they existed and were created."

When I read this section, my heart is always stirred. It is such a moving declaration of the glory of God. First, the four living creatures unceasingly say, "Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord God Almighty, who was and is and is to come." As a response to the creatures, the 24 elders fall down and declare God's worthiness.  It can be no other way because of who God is! First He is holy, so holy in fact that it must be stated three times. Not only that but His is holiness is present throughout all existing time. Secondly, He is worthy of praise because He created all and gave existence to every living thing. For those two reasons alone, He is worthy of all praise, glory, honor, and power.

The problem is that man wants glory for himself. Somehow he thinks that what he accomplishes, who he is, and where he goes is his personal decision and is a product of what he has to offer. Not so! All that I am and have and ever hope to be is from God. From a heart of thanksgiving I must repeat what the living creatures and the 24 elders say. He alone is holy and worthy!

Father,
You are worthy of all my praise, my honor, my glory, and my power. Give me Your strength to live out practically a life that brings glory to You. 
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment