Monday, December 13, 2010

Faithfully

Is. 42:3
"a bruised reed He will not break, and a faintly burning wick He will not quench; He will faithfully bring forth justice."

God is faithful and just. In His sovereign will and purpose, He established all, even the bruised reeds and the faintly burning wicks. He has promised that He will not allow me to be tempted above what I am able to bear, but will with the temptation provide a way of escape. If I am bruised or faintly burning, a way of escape might be all that I can do. When I feel like I can't go on or life is overwhelming, I don't need to fear a harsh hand from God, but instead, I can go to Him for comfort since He is the God of all comforts. He is there waiting to care for me, to heal and nurture me. 

Sometimes my 'bruising' comes from within. Often I am my own worst enemy, yet at other times, it can come from others. In persecution, trial,  and suffering, God has promised to be faithfully just. He will do what is right and not allow others to break my reed or extinguish my wick. God's sovereign justice is over all, over me and over those who want my harm. What a great promise! I can rest in God's care for me and in the  knowledge that He loves me even when I am bruised and dim.

Father,
Keep my eyes focused on You in times of hardship, persecution, and trial. Keep my world from becoming so small that all I see is my pain.
In Jesus name,
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment